Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Year

A year has come and gone,
and so many people I have known.
This one came and that one went,
so much time I had spent.

Then one August day when I was blue,
that’s when I ended up meeting you.
I sat there at my desk reading a while,
and thought to myself, “what a profile.”

I read a bit and thought, “what the heck”
not even knowing what to expect.
I hit send on that message and went on my way,
then to my surprise you said “hey.”

We talked for a while that first night,
and within you I found a beautiful light.
At first I thought “he’s too good to be true,”
little did I know what I had found in you.

For in you I found something real and true,
my dear friend I really am glad I met you.
I thought once or twice it was all for show,
Instead I found our friendship starting to grow.

I grew to love you more than a friend,
you became my family and to that love there is no end.
I took you into my family and heart and there you’ll stay,
I never really knew what I was in for that warm August day.

I’ve looked back at the time we’ve had,
all of the good, and the tiny bit of bad.
Meeting you was a true blessing I know,
since from this friendship we’ve learned how to grow.

You became the man you were meant to be,
and I learned to stand up for me.
I don’t know if you fully realize how valuable you truly are,
but without you I probably wouldn’t even have made it this far.

I still can’t believe that a year has come and gone,
and that you’ve stuck around this long.
You never cease to amaze me my friend
I truly pray our friendship never comes to an end.

Written August 10, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment