Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Broken Pieces

A broken heart has many pieces,
Each has a need of it's own.
And as each need is finally met,
your heart once again finds a home.

But everytime a heart gets broke
it seems a piece gets lost,
and before you are willing to love again,
you must stop to count the cost.

I see people searching in the ashes
of a fire that once burned bright.
Hoping to find a hot coal or two,
to change the wrong back to right.

They reach out to touch a flame,
only to find out that it is cold.
Then they realize it is just a reflection
of the flame, you yourself hold.

What can I say? What can I do?
I see a broken piece or two.
I know that it is hard to erase
all the pain and leave not a single trace.

If I could have one wish today,
I would wish all your pain away
If I could have one wish for you,
I would wish all your dreams come true.

But wishes and dreams are two of a kind.
Fantasies, Illusions, and Games in the mind.
But there is one thing that I can do.
I will reach out and touch a broken piece or two.

And if by my touch that you will receive,
May all of your needs be relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment