Wednesday, May 12, 2010

tears

The tears, they fall unfettered and pure
Pouring out pain that nothing can cure
Tumbling, cascading like the waterfall
The vivid mark of agony's call
Those salty drops of feminine curse
Trapped under weight, day by day growing worse
No one to catch them, no one to see
No one else lost in this hell-hole but me
Screaming in terror at the walls, closing in
Dropping to my knees; my head starts to spin
Feeling the rage within growing strong
What in the hell have I done that's so wrong?
The quickness of breath and the tightness of chest
I have endured through it all; gave it my best
Fighting needlessly, years upon years
Left in the clutches of multiple fears.
Fears instilled with the greatest of care
To cause me to snap; my soul to lay bare
Stuck inside this glass house of mine
I stare out at a world that could be just fine
Sighing, i realize it will never be me
Form this bondage I can't be set free
Held tight in the grasp of anger and hate
Painfully avoiding the view of my fate
Hearing the heart in my breast tear once more
I shudder to think of those who came before
Pressing the steel to my flesh, I push with a shout
I sit, no more tears, as my life force flows out.

No comments:

Post a Comment