Tuesday, May 11, 2010

As I Sit...

As I sit and write these words on the page,
I feel so weak and tired I can't stand.
Why do I feel like I am in a cage?
And no one seems to truly understand.

Sometimes I'm up and the sky's the limit;
I'm hyper so I want to laugh and sing.
Then it seems like nothing could alter it.
Found my joy and to it will always cling.

Now comes the crash of my sleepless, stressed days.
Everything seems to make me blow my top.
Just when I think I have ended my craze,
Something else happens and again I drop.

I know that the solution would be sleep.
Halt procrastination to help this plight.
But to control it would be quite a leap.
And I can't see that kind of strength in sight.

Here I go again with grief: nothing new.
I am beginning to abhor this ride.
I feel helpless. There's nothing I can do.
If only I could run and sleep and hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment